6 Actions to Guarantee A Fabulous Day
You’re up and Adam.
Today is the first day of the rest of your life – Isn’t that huge? Yesterday is gone and you’ll never relive it. Perhaps that’s corny, but a fact it is. Maybe yesterday was a great day, maybe it wasn’t.
It doesn’t matter!
Today is a fresh start and it’s going to be great. I mean it. You’re on a path to wonderful.
Yesterday’s tomorrow is here and you’re in it, and glad to be here. Aren’t you? Say it outloud – “I’m glad to be here”!. Say it like you mean it now. “I”M Glad To Be Here”!!
That’s better. You’re smiling, so the day is already off to an awesome start. If you’re not smiling, close this window and go away. Neither of us can afford to be around people that don’t make us smile at the beginning of our upcoming fabulous day.
Great! You should feel absolutely confident that today is already off to an extraordinary start. The fact that you’re still with me, indicates you have a positive outlook on things already. That’s awesome and you will have a rewardingly fabulous day…
After applying these things, I urge you to review what you did and how it made you feel. How was your day? I am confident if you do these things, you will be in the clouds.
Here’s the good stuff I promised – 6 Actions to Guarantee a Fabulous Day
- Answer any requests that come to you before lunch in the affirmative – “yes” will do just fine. Two things will happen – you will please other people and you will reinforce a positive shift in your thinking. Warning: You may not want to say no the rest of the day because being agreeable feels so awesome.
- View everything that comes your way (that you say “yes” to) as an opportunity, not something you have to do. Great writer and inspirational blogger Michael Hyatt has a great post on this outstanding method
- Make conversation with someone you’ve never spoken with – this may be challenging for you, or perhaps you’re an old pro at it. If you’re experienced at conversing with people outside your normal comfort zone, you know how amazing this makes you feel. If you’re not, try this and I assure you that you will be glad you took the initiative. Consider talking to someone that you see regularly, but don’t pay attention to. In fact, the more unexpected this is, the greater the impact will be. Be careful though – this could really create some gossip about how friendly and kind you are. Wouldn’t that be exciting!
- Picture yourself completing a project you’re planning or working on – that’s #14 in this inspirational blog by RN Central Visualization goes a long way toward boosting your confidence and confidence is an inspiring characteristic. You’re getting excited just thinking about that dealio you’ve been working on. Now, that’s what I’m talking about.
- Start or work on one thing that you’ve been unable to do – The time to start is now. No excuses, just do it! Gratification can’t be overestimated when it comes to happiness. This is probably more challenging than any of the other 5 behaviors, but it pays huge dividends in terms of motivating the motivator.
- Compliment someone else on the work they did – If you want to feel incredible, make someone else feel that way. What better way to make someone’s day that to pay them a heart felt compliment and show appreciation for their efforts.
The one thing you can give to somebody that makes you feel great when they return it is a smile. A smile is profoundly powerful – not just as a positive gesture, but as a signal, indicating joy to your brain. Smiling is healthy.
Need more evidence? Then here’s but one article of many about smiling that will make you a believer. Great medicine…. a smile!
Summary of Your Great day – You Made it Happen
At the end of the day, literally, if you followed these things you had one heck of a fine day. If you failed on one or two of them, you still enjoyed the day, plus you made a difference you may not have anticipated. The beauty of positive behaviors is that there is no limit to how many rewards we can get, nor how many times we can reemploy the same behaviors.
If you benefited from these 6 Actions to Guarantee a Fabulous Day, please share this with others.
I am excited to hear about your day. It is my hope that I made a difference by giving you some of these things that were once given to me. For other positive thoughts and information, subscribe to my newsletter and get it hot off the press.